Call for Essays: Military Dissent

PEACE REVIEW: A JOURNAL OF SOCIAL JUSTICE is an international journal
distributed in more than 50 nations. We seek essays on the above theme
for a special issue.

Dissent amongst those subject to military service around the world is
an ever increasing phenomenon today. Those subject to conscription as
well as those on active military service have dissented and resisted
the call to arms on a variety of levels in various nations.

Peace Review invites submissions for a special issue devoted to the
personal strategies and tactics of dissent against the military from
those who have been subjected to conscription and military service. We
are interested in both principled objection and dissent, e.g.,
conscientious objection; and what may be considered less principled
forms of resistance. We are particularly interested in the personal
experience of resisters and dissenters, and those essays that provide
insight into practical actions that others subject to military service
might pursue to resist inappropriate military imperatives."

Please send essays on this theme by January 15, 2006. Essays should
run between 2500 and 3500 words, and should be jargon- and footnote-
free. See Submission Guidelines at:
http://www.usfca.edu/peacereview/PRHome.html.
<http://www.usfca.edu/peacereview/PRHome.html.>

Send essays to:
Robert Elias (Editor) or Kerry Donoghue (Managing Editor)
Peace Review
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117-1080