Europe in the line of fire

<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/dossier.asp?id=187>
<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/dossier.asp?id=187>London terror
What should the response to Islamic terrorism be? Is more coordination at a
European level needed? After the London attacks on 7 July, the rest of
Europe is trembling. And beginning to organise itself around Tony Blair,
president of the EU since 1 July.

Prune Antoine - Paris

<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4253>Blair and Europe, all
for one
<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4253>Just when Europe is in
deep crisis, the terrorist attacks in London could lead Europeans towards a
sacred union against terrorism, united around the British Presidency.

Eleonora Palermo - Paris

<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4252>Who will be next?
<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4252>Everyone expected an
attack on London and yet no one was able to prevent it. Are Italy and
Denmark the only countries living in fear or does the spectre of terrorism
loom over the rest of Europe too?

Albert Salarich - Paris

<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4255>Security or liberty?
<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4255>Since the London
bombings, the same doubts have been brought to the surface in all major
European capitals. Should we fight against terrorism by giving up our civil
liberties? Does the end justify the means?

Tobias Troll - Paris

<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4247>Injustice breeds terror
<http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=4247>Poverty and injustice,
the product of over 500 years of western colonial politics, are the fertile
soil in which terrorism grows. Decisions about development aid at the G8
summit are by no means enough. A new beginning is what international
relations need

If you don't wish to receive this newsletter anymore, click
<http://www.cafebabel.com/mailer/easylist.asp>here
Contact <mailto:webmaster at cafebabel.com>Webmaster