Support Still Needed!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING UFPJ!
Donations still urgently needed >>>
Visit http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate or call 212-868-5545

A huge thank you to all who have responded so quickly to our urgent appeal
for funds. We are heartened by all the generous donations that you've made
to United for Peace and Justice over the past few days.

As wonderful as the response has been, we need to ask those of you who have
not yet made a donation to think about doing so now...right now! While the
war in Iraq continues unabated, UFPJ remains very short on the funds we
need to continue organizing.

This coalition came out of our February National Assembly strong. We
immediately moved into high gear for the decentralized weekend of antiwar
activity on the second anniversary of the war in Iraq. And now we are
prepared to move forward on the program priorities for the next 18 months.
(See http://www.unitedforpeace.org/assembly for details)

We are already hard at work on an important mobilization on May 1, the day
before the UN gathers for a month-long review of the Nuclear
Non-Proliferation Treaty. The march past the UN and rally in Central Park
in NYC will bring together our demand for an end to the war in Iraq with
our urgent call for complete and global nuclear disarmament.

Moving forward means making sure we have the tools and resources that are
needed. The coalition has a focused, strategic plan of work, and our newly
elected national steering committee and hard-working national staff are
ready to go. What's missing is the money.

UFPJ has been able to do incredibly important work these past two and half
years because you and literally thousands of others have chipped in. You
have put energy into the campaigns and projects of the coalition, helping
to build the movement to end the war in Iraq and bring our troops home. You
have shared your skills and creativity. And when it has been most needed
you've come through with financial support.

We turn to you again for that support. Here's how you can made a donation:

* By credit card online: http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate
* By credit card over the phone: 212-868-5545
* By check or money order: UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, NY NY
10108

Whatever you can send -- $10, $15, $25, $50 or more -- will go directly
into our campaigns to solidify and expand antiwar sentiment across the
country, counter the military's recruiting campaigns, pressure elected
officials to cut off support and funding for the war, and target other key
vulnerabilities in the Bush administration's war program.

Thank you for taking a moment right now to help us more forward!