Nonviolent Peaceforce: Action Alert

Dear Friends and Supporters of the Nonviolent Peaceforce:

While we usually do not send out mass action alerts, we believe that
continued grass roots action around the globe can stop the United States'
and Britain's attack on Iraq.  The Global Peace March of last week clearly
demonstrates that we are entering a new phase of grass roots peacemaking.

Please consider one or more of the following actions and continue to
organize, organize, organize!

1.  Ela Gandhi from South Africa suggests that WOMEN OF THE WORLD UNITE!
The women of the world, mothers, grandmothers, wives, sisters, aunties,
nieces, girlfriends and friends, are demanding an end to world war and
senseless violence. We are calling on our brothers, husbands, fathers,
grandfathers, uncles and nephews not to engage in this senseless Iraq war
because we need to remember our humanity.

CALL FOR ACTION:  Let us come together on March 1 for an hour from 11am-12pm
your time zone and not contribute to our economies (no shopping, no buying
petrol, etc). From wherever you are, the office, at home, from the parking
lot, start marching until 12 noon when we will all stop and pray for peace,
bowing our heads, kneeling or in whatever means you pray, for five minutes.
In our unity let us begin to create a peaceful world for our children and
the future generations.

2.  Call your Foreign Ministry and demand that your country not support the
impending attack and ask that this message be transmitted on to your
country's mission at the United Nations.

3.  On Wednesday, February 26 join a Virtual March on Washington sponsored
by the group Moveon.  Go to the group's website
http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/ and sign up to call the White House and
U.S. Senate.  You will receive a message with a specific time to call.  If
you are from outside the United States, call the White House on that day 001
202-456-1111.

Resist and Create,
Mel

Mel Duncan