Declaration of Peace Actions Begin Tomorrow

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |
If you are having trouble viewing this message, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=4&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3391>click
here.

Please forward widely!

Dear friends,

Yesterday, Sept. 19th, as George W. Bush spoke before the UN General
Assembly, an energetic, committed crowd of some 3,500 people marched and
rallied on the streets of New York City. We prevailed over the New York
Police Department's attempts to block our march -- faced with our
determination to march with or without a permit, they decided to
accommodate our peaceful crowd -- and we delivered a strong message against
the war in Iraq.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=5&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3390>(Click
here for media reports on the demonstration.)

And now we look forward to the next step.

Rally at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, NYC, 9/19/06 -- Photo:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=6&url=http://dianelent.com/>Diane
Lent

Tomorrow, Sept. 21, is the first day of what promises to be a powerful week
of antiwar actions all across the country as part of the Declaration of
Peace campaign. More than 400 organizations and groups -- many of them
members of UFPJ -- have endorsed and are part of this campaign. Over 300
antiwar activities are taking place in over 150 cities around the United
States, primarily targeting pro-war members of Congress.

One of the most exciting aspects of the campaign is the commitment to take
our movement for peace to a new level through acts of nonviolent civil
disobedience and civil resistance. As we all know, the news from Iraq is
horrible: Every single day people are slaughtered and lives are ruined. It
is time to end this war, and that means it is time for us -- the antiwar
movement in this country -- to redouble our efforts. We need to continue to
offer people as many ways as possible to make their voices heard, and we
must also show our determination to end the war by taking more risks,
including the risk of arrest.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=7&url=http://www.declarationofpeace.org/view/events>Click
here
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=8&url=http://www.declarationofpeace.org/view/events>to
find out what's happening in your area. And please be sure that any
activities you know about are listed on the Declaration of Peace calendar.

It is not too late to join the events in your area, and it is not too late
to plan to
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=9&url=http://www.declarationofpeace.org/take-action%23dc>come
to Washington, DC to participate in nonviolent civil resistance and civil
disobedience on Tuesday, Sept. 26, and Wednesday, Sept. 27.

To help us continue to build the momentum against this war, we hope you'll
consider making a financial contribution to United for Peace and Justice.
Every dollar you donate goes directly toward our efforts to bring the
troops home now.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=193703502&url_num=10&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>You
can make an online donation by clicking here, or make a credit card
donation over the phone by calling 212-868-5545. You can also mail a check
or money order to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, NY, NY 10108.

As we head into the fall election season, let's make sure that all
politicians and political candidates, from both major parties, hear our
message loud and clear: It's time for the troops to come home -- NOW.

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp