Please forward widely!
Not One Penny More for War!
National Call-In Day
TODAY: Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Call Congress toll-free: 888-355-3588

(If you have trouble with the 888 number, please try the direct number:
202-224-3121.)

President Bush has asked Congress for another $72 billion for his immoral
war in Iraq. Congress has the power to cut off the money for the war and
bring the troops safely home.

Congress will decide in the next week or two whether to keep giving Bush
all the money he wants to continue the violence, or they can cut him off
and end the war. Members of Congress are afraid to vote to take a stand --
they need to hear from their constituents, so pick up the phone and give
them a call today.

Unless Congress votes to end the war, the fourth year of fighting will
begin on March 19. The costs so far …

over 28,000 Iraqi civilian lives (and some estimates are as high as 100,000
lives)
over 2,250 U.S. military lives
over 4,000 Iraqi police and military deaths
over 16,500 U.S. troops wounded in combat
$251 billion spent to date
$1.3 trillion estimated long-term bill
Call your Representative and Senators at 888-355-3588 today, and tell them:
Not one penny more for war!

Sign the "Urgent Call for Peace in Iraq" Petition
Sign on today! We urge you to join women and men from all over the world
who have launched an Urgent Call for Peace in Iraq.

CODEPINK: Women for Peace, one of UFPJ's member groups, is working to
gather over 100,000 signatures on this call, and needs your signature, and
your help, to do it! On International Women's Day, March 8, these
signatures will be delivered to U.S. embassies, consulates, and federal
offices all over the world.

You can help by signing the Call today at
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=87638335&url_num=5&url=http://www.womensaynotowar.org/>www.womensaynotowar.org
and by spreading the word through your email lists. Please consider joining
CODEPINK on March 8 in Washington DC, or joining an action in your town.
Visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=87638335&url_num=6&url=http://www.womensaynotowar.org/>www.womensaynotowar.org
for details.

As you tell Congress not to spend another penny for war, please consider
donating some dollars for peace. While Congress is contemplating billions
more in war appropriations, United for Peace and Justice is struggling to
raise the funds we need to continue pressing for all the troops to be
brought home now.

If each one of you could –- RIGHT NOW --
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=87638335&url_num=7&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>make
a personally significant contribution of $15, $25, $50 or $100, or sign up
as a sustainer and make a recurring donation at $5 or $10/month, we would
have enough money to continue pressuring Congress, cover our organizing
expenses, and raise the volume of opposition to the war.

Follow the links below for more information on anti-war events being
planned around the country for the third anniversary of the Iraq War, and
on a massive mobilization being planned for New York City on Saturday,
April 29.

Thanks for your support -- together we will bring this immoral war to an end!

MARCH 15-22
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=87638335&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/3yearstoomany>Three
Years Too Many:
A Week of Local Actions on the Third Anniversary of the War
Visit our website for events calendar, resources, and more.

APRIL 29
New York City
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=87638335&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/april29>March
for Peace, Justice, and Democracy
End the war in Iraq -- bring the troops home!
Unite for change -- let's turn our country around!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp