2,000 Too Many Have Died! Actions Wed. 10/26 to End the War

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=1&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=4&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>All
around the country, people will gather tomorrow, Wednesday, October 26, to
honor the dead and call for the troops to come home.

U.S. Death Toll in Iraq Tops 2,000

Join or organize an event in your community to honor the dead and call for
the troops to come home

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=5&url=http://www.afsc.org/2,000/>http://www.afsc.org/2,000/

We have just received word that the moment we have been dreading has
arrived: 2,000 U.S. servicepeople have now died in Iraq. We grieve for
these two thousand men and women, killed in the prime of their lives, for a
war based on lies, and we grieve for the tens of thousands of Iraqis who
have also died in the chaos and carnage the Bush Administration has brought
to their country.

It's time to bring the troops home -- now. Not one more U.S. serviceperson
should give his or her life to this senseless war. Not one more Iraqi
should be killed. Not one more U.S. dollar should be spent sustaining this
war and occupation.

All around the country, people will gather tomorrow, Wednesday, October 26,
to honor the dead and call for the troops to come home. We urge you to join
one of these events -- or organize one in your community if none has yet
been planned.

UFPJ is supporting the call made by UFPJ member groups --
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=6&url=http://www.afsc.org/2,000/>American
Friends Service Committee,
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=7&url=http://www.gsfp.org>Gold
Star Families for Peace and
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=8&url=http://www.mfso.org/>Military
Families Speak Out -- for these actions.

Visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=48218955&url_num=9&url=http://www.afsc.org/2,000/>http://www.afsc.org/2,000/
for a list of events being planned, or to list your own event. More than
400 activities are currently planned.

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email