Final Details on Sept 24-26 Mobilization

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=1&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>
ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=4&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>
END THE WAR ON IRAQ!
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!
Justice for the People of the Gulf Coast
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=5&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>3Days
of Action in Washington, D.C.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=6&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>September
24-26, 2005

In this alert:

1.	Mobilization Overview
2.	Housing & Volunteers Needed!
3.	Getting There
4.	What to Bring
5.	Contingents in the March
6.	Tabling at the Peace & Justice Festival
7.	We Need Your Financial Support!

Still haven't made your plans to join us in Washington, D.C. this weekend?
This 3-day anti-war mobilization promises to be the most dynamic, powerful
peace and justice gathering in years. We're at a real turning point: A
solid and growing majority of this country is now against the war, and
there is deep discontent nationwide with the appalling priorities of the
Bush Administration and the shameful government response to Hurricane
Katrina. This is the time to stand up and demand a dramatic change of
political direction. Don't miss your chance to be part of this
extraordinary series of events!

1) Mobilization Overview

Saturday, 9/24
10:00AM
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=7&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival>All-Day
Peace & Justice Festival begins, Washington Monument Grounds
11:30AM Rally at Ellipse
12:30PM
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>March
steps off from Ellipse
(<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmarch>map
of march route |
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=10&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/contingents>contingent
gathering spots)
3:00PM
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=11&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3026>Free
"Operation Ceasefire"
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=12&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3026>Concert
& Rally, Washington Monument Grounds

Sunday, 9/25
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=13&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/faith>Interfaith
Service
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=14&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/lobbytraining>Training
for Grassroots Lobby Day
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=15&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3102>Training
for Nonviolent Civil Resistance
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=16&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3012&preview=1>National
Meeting for Counter Recruitment
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=17&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3105>Other
Activities

Monday, 9/26
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=18&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/lobbyday>Grassroots
Lobby Day
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=19&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/nvda>Mass
Nonviolent Civil Resistance

2) Housing & Volunteers Needed!

Housing is still urgently needed for people coming to Washington, D.C. If
you live in the greater D.C. metropolitan area and have an extra bed, a
sofa, or even floor or camping space available, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=20&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/housing>visit
our housing board and list it today!

We also need volunteers! Organizing a rally, massive march, festival, and
concert potentially attended by hundreds of thousands of people is no small
job. Literally
hundreds of volunteers are needed to collect donations, act as marshals,
staff informational booths, distribute information and leaflets, move
supplies and equipment, provide first aid/medical care, and do many other
tasks. So we're really counting on you.

Here's how you can plug in beginning Friday in DC:

POSTER ASSEMBLY BEGINS FRIDAY, 11 am through late Friday night.
This is key to getting out our message on Saturday. We have one day to
staple thousands of posters to cardboard tubes. We need as many people as
possible to help with this. In the basement of the Communication Workers of
America offices, 501 3rd St (between 3rd and E). 1 block from Judiciary
Square Metro stop on the Red Line.

VOLUNTEER TRAINING MEETING FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 7PM
If you are in the DC metro area Friday night, it's vital that you attend
this meeting. We need to know how many people we can count on for Saturday
and provide you with some important training. The meeting will be at the
Communication Workers of America offices, 501 3rd St (between 3rd and E). 1
block from Judiciary Square Metro stop on the Red Line.

VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 AT THE UFPJ MAIN INFORMATION
TENT, WASHINGTON MONUMENT GROUNDS

7:00AM Early Birds - Help set up the Peace & Justice Festival

**8:30AM Volunteer Check-In and Orientation ** this is when our need for
volunteers is most critical

Volunteers also needed throughout the day - check in with one of our
volunteer coordinators at the information tent at any time from 9:00AM to
5:00PM

The UFPJ information tent will be located on the north end of the
Washington Monument Grounds, near Constitution Avenue.

If you have questions, email
<mailto:dcvolunteers at unitedforpeace.org>dcvolunteers at unitedforpeace.org and
one of our volunteer coordinators will get back to you ASAP.

3) Getting to the
Protest<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=21&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?list=type&type=90>

Bus tickets are still available! Visit:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=22&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/transport>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/transport

For bus parking information, visit:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=23&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3099>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/dcparking

The closest Metro stops to the Washington Monument Grounds and Ellipse are
Federal Triangle and Smithsonian on the Blue or Orange lines.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=24&url=http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm>Click
here for a map of the DC Metro.

4) What to Bring

Be sure to bring snacks and water with you -- there may not be any for
purchase in the immediate area. The
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=25&url=http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/weekend.html?locid=USDC0001>current
forecast for Saturday is for warm weather with a slight chance of showers
-- you may want to pack a light jacket or small umbrella.

If you plan to bring signs, posters, or banners -- as we hope you will --
please note that the Washington, D.C. police do not allow wooden sticks or
poles. Use cardboard tubing instead.

5) Contingents in the March

For a list of contingent gathering spots visit:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=26&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/contingents>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/contingents.
If you're organizing a contingent that isn't reflected on this list, please
email <mailto:contingents at unitedforpeace.org>contingents at unitedforpeace.org

6) Tabling at the Peace & Justice Festival

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=27&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3109>Tables
are still available for the Peace & Justice Festival, but they're going
fast. The deadline for reserving tables is 5:00PM EST on Thursday,
September 22. Visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=28&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival

7) We Need Your Financial Support!

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=29&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3109>Organizing
an event of the scale and complexity of this three-day antiwar mobilization
costs a great deal of money. We urgently need your financial support!
Please make the most generous contribution you can today.

You can donate in one of three easy ways:

- By credit card online at
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=30&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate
- By credit card over the phone at 212-868-5545
- By mailing a check or money order to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square
Station, NY NY 10108

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=31&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=32&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>

Thanks so much for your support -- and hope to see you in Washington!

<mailto:contingents at unitedforpeace.org>

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>
END THE WAR ON IRAQ!
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!

Three Days of Peace & Justice Actions
in Washington, D.C.

September 24-26, 2005

Visit our website today to download leaflets, endorse the mobilization, and
learn more about the plans for this powerful weekend of action.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=39231087&url_num=34&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmobe>www.unitedforpeace.org/septmobe

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email