[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 9 Jul 2005]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

Number Of Iraq Casualties Is Double Official Figures,Says Puerto Rican
Government
Jesus Davila, El Diario
Official US. government reports on soldiers under US command killed in Iraq
are so fragmented that they account for less than half of the total number,
according to information uncovered as part of an inquiry by the Government
of Puerto Rico regarding the total number of Puerto Rican war casualties.
This analysis was confirmed by El Diario/La Prensa's review of multiple
documents, including official reports issued by the US Department of
Defense, the Iraqi Ministry of the Interior and more than 230 battlefront
reports, which reveal that more than 4,076 troops under US command have
been killed in 799 days of battle...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13547&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13547

Letter to America
Eve Ensler, MMN
...I need you to wake up. The house is on fire and you are still sleeping,
lulled by the intoxication of smoke and mirrors. I need you to wake up and
I know that shaking you, scaring you will only make you cling to your sleep
and sleep more. How then do I tell you what's going on? How do I tell you
about the one hundred thousand dead Iraqi people that you and I are
responsible for murdering. Each one of them valued their life, longed for
their morning, cherished their first cup o! f milk or coffee or tea...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13531&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13531

What Goes Around …
RevolutionaryFlowerpotSociety
The bombings in London on July 7, 2005 were described as ‘barbaric’ by the
hypocritical Blair, Bush, and the gang of rich nations’ leaders gathered
for the G8 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland, to discuss how best to loot the
world for an eternity to come. We must agree with the adjective describing
the act. We, however, completely disagree with the propaganda presented as
the ‘analysis’ of the causes for the act. Blair declared that the
terrorists wish to destroy ‘ou! r way of life’ and Monkey Boy Bush managed
to get out a few garbled sentences, most coherent of which repeated his
latest-memorized phrases, to the effect that ‘they’ want to impose their
‘ideology of hate’. ‘Their ideology of hate’ … As opposed to … ‘our angelic
deeds’? Hardly! As opposed to the US/UK’s aggressive war of invasion
against the peoples of Afghanistan and Iraq that has resulted in the deaths
of well over one hundred thousand innocent people...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13548&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13548

Mission Accomplished
Iraq is Broken
SAUL LANDAU, CounterPunch
It's hard to believe that supposedly intelligent people like Senators
Joseph Biden (DE), Hillary Clinton (NY) and John Kerry (MA) call for
"staying the course" in Iraq and acting responsibly by sending more US
troops with more fire power over there. Don't they understand that American
soldiers break, not fix? The more US soldiers in Iraq, the more damage they
will do and the more enemies they will make. To limit damage, to act
morally and res! ponsibly, remove the cause of violence and chaos in Iraq:
the US military presence...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13532&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13532

Rafidan-The Political Committee The Mujahideen Central Command (MCC):
Release No. 15 ,Title: Bush Rots in Abu Graib
www.albasrah.net
...The ignorant, the greedy, those who rejoice at the misfortune of others,
the cowards, and the traitors would accept to negotiate!! The True Iraqi
believers, the true sons of the two rivers, will carry on and fight till
they retrieve what is rightfully theirs and take their revenge!! Today
Bush, is on the stages of his performances, he blabs and trembles in
weakness, even the ! Hollywood actors will feel sorry for him. For he was
misguided, and is now isolated from his generals and half his people. He is
on his way to the pit. Why should we now negotiate when he is most probably
reading a book by the title of "How to escape in 7 days without a
teacher!"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13535&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13535

Mr. Bush's War
Immanuel Wallerstein, World Crisis Web
We know now that George W. Bush confided to one of his friends before he
was president that he wanted a war with Iraq and that, unlike his father,
he would get rid of Saddam Hussein. And so he has. But as the U.S. polls
turn seriously against him and a majority of Americans today say that the
war wasn’t worth the loss of lives, it is time to take a reckoning of what
Mr. Bush has accomplished. He wanted a quick war, and he didn’t get that.
The U.S. occupiers ar! e faced today, two years after the invasion was
launched, with a stiff Iraqi resistance which the U.S. doesn’t seem to be
able to quench...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13536&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13536

A look in the mirror for America
Derrick Z. Jackson, Boston Globe
... The world, of course, shares the sympathies of Mayor Michael Bloomberg
of New York, who said the London bombings were a ''despicable, cowardly
act." Yet every invoking of the innocents also reminds us of our
despicable, cowardly killing of innocent Iraqi civilians (...) These
innocents never existed, either in Iraq or Afghanistan. ''We don't do body
counts," said both General Tommy Franks, former Iraqi commander, and
Defense Secretary Donald Ru! msfeld. When Brigadier General Mark Kimmitt
was asked about the images of American soldiers killing innocent civilians
on Arab television, Kimmitt said: ''My solution is quite simple: Change the
channel. Change the channel to a legitimate, authoritative, honest news
station. The stations that are showing Americans intentionally killing
women and children are not legitimate news sources. That is propaganda. And
that is lies."

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13541&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13541

Open Letter to George W. Bush
Ralph Nader
...Where is the presence of the sons and daughters of the top political and
economic rulers in the Iraq theater, where they can see the suffering of
millions of innocent Iraqi people? You can count on the fingers of one hand
the number of family members serving over there among the 535 members of
Congress, and the White House. No specific data is available for the
families of the CEOs of the Fortune 500. But we can guess that very few are
stationed in and around the Sunn! i triangle these days. Can't get much
tennis, golf or sailing in, if that were the case...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13542&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13542

THE LYNCHPIN TO BUSH'S IMPEACHMENT
Paul Andrew Mitchell & Carl f. Worden
...But the real reason this Plame incident is so important is that it adds
a tremendous amount of credibility to the recently exposed "Downing Street
Memo", in which notes were taken at a meeting in Britain that revealed Bush
planned to attack Iraq long before the WMD accusations were made, and that
the "Intelligence was being fixed" around that policy. The fact that such a
petty act of revenge was enacted against Joseph Wilson's wife for th! e
"crime" of her husband telling the American people the god's-honest truth,
certainly lends credence to those who contend the Downing Street Memo is a
smoking gun that reveals deliberate deception upon the Congress and the
American people to go to war with Iraq on the basis of entirely false
allegations...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13546&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13546

Ambassador Joe Wilson -- Still Fighting the Bush Administration's "Culture
of Unaccountability"
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW
...Yet the mainstream corporate media will claim that the White House has
been vindicated, if no legal charges are forthcoming. Likewise, Rove and
the "Iraq Group" responsible for pulling the rug out from under our covert
tracking of Weapons of Mass Destruction will be declared "vindicated" if
the Bush-dominated Washington, D.C., Appeals Court overturns any
convictions that might be obtained (as J! udges Sentelle and Silberman, GOP
activist/partisan federal jurists, did with Oliver North and John
Poindexter). A crime against a nation does not need to be legally
identified when it is staring us in the face...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13545&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13545

Memo says US, UK readying Iraqi withdrawal-report
Reuters
A leaked document from Britain's Defense Ministry says the British and U.S.
governments are planning to reduce their troop levels in Iraq by more than
half by mid-2006, the Mail on Sunday newspaper reported. The memo,
reportedly written by Defense Minister John Reid, said Britain would reduce
its troop numbers to 3,000 from 8,500 by the middle of next year...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13544&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13544

The London Bombings
Dave Stratman
The terror bombings in London of July 7 differ from the atrocities
committed against the people of Iraq only in scale. In Iraq well over
100,000 people have been butchered by the US/UK killing machine. In London
as many as 50 people were killed and hundreds injured. In both cases the
killed and injured are the victims of actions designed to terrorize,
demobilize, and control innocent people. We do not yet know who is
responsible for the atrocities in London. Responsibility has be! en claimed
by a shadowy “Secret Organization of al-Qaida,” and perhaps that
organization is indeed responsible. Far more likely, however, is that
security elements of the British or US governments are the real
perpetrators...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13543&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13543

RETREAT FROM IRAQ STARTS: BERLUSCONI, SAID THIS SOME TIME AGO
AGI
The Italian prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, has said, "I was really
surprised at some of today's headlines about 300 soldiers withdrawing from
Iraq. This is something I announced some time back, which is part of our
Iraqi military strategy and well-known to both our allies and the Iraqi
government. We had already discussed it at length". Berlusconi, who was
about to leave Rome, had stopped to have a few words with journalists
waiting in Via del ! Plebiscito and tell them that the Italian withdrawal
from Iraq had already been announced...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13539&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13539

Disastrous Iraq adventure is a sideshow to the long haul war on terror
GERALD WARNER, Scotsman, UK
...Casualties decrease when a war is being won: in Iraq, on the contrary,
they are increasing. The inference is obvious. There was a momentary surge
of triumphalism last February, after the elections; but the wholly
predictable incompetence of the new Iraqi government has ended that false
dawn. Meanwhile, the war is costing America treasure as well as blood. By
the end of this fiscal year (on September 30) it will h! ave cost US
taxpayers $204.6bn. Worse still, there are signs of war weariness among the
American public, which President Bush's recent speech anxiously sought to
address...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13538&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13538

July 7 bombings: Another reason to end war and occupation
Workers World editorial statement
Will the July 7 bombings in London be followed by greater opposition to
imperialist war and occupation--which has already cost so many lives and so
much suffering in so many countries? Or will the political forces of
corporate expansion and empire building in the United States and Britain be
able to utilize them to further their aggressive agenda of war and plunder?
That is the question now before the progressive movement! ...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13537&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13537

The swarm of the madder’n hells, part III
SmirkingChimp.com
For the millions of Americans who insist on having their smoking guns hot
to the touch and still smoldering, the Downing Street Memos (DSM) couldn't
be hotter, or even smoldier. The leaked highly classified British documents
clearly show the Bushies were hell-bent on invading Iraq despite piffling
inconveniences like the lack of any legitimate justification whatsoever. We
are the madder'n hells, and we -- all one million of us -- intend to
converge at th! e U.S. Capitol on Monday, September 26*, to demand that
Congress hold hearings on the memos...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13533&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13533

The Logic of Suicide Terrorism
It’s the occupation, not the fundamentalism
The American Conservative
...Another point in this regard is Iraq itself. Before our invasion, Iraq
never had a suicide-terrorist attack in its history. Never. Since our
invasion, suicide terrorism has been escalating rapidly with 20 attacks in
2003, 48 in 2004, and over 50 in just the first five months of 2005. Every
year that the United States has stationed 150,000 combat troops in Iraq,
suicide terrorism has doubled...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13530&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13530

US Launches Fresh Iraq Offensive
IslamOnline.net
The US occupation army in Iraq said on Saturday, July9 , it had launched a
new offensive, the fourth in a month, against resistance fighters in the
country. It said that Operation Scimitar led to the arrest of 22 suspects
since it was launched in secret in the village of Zaidon 30 km ( 20miles)
southeast of Fallujah on Thursday, July7 , Reuters reported...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13529&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13529

What's Behind the London Attacks?
Matt Hutaff
...As I sit in my office today, I hear the whispers of co-workers now
utterly convinced our war on terror must continue. Despite American and
British involvement in the Middle East birthing wave after wave of rebel
forces, the Bush doctrine is now justified in the minds of millions. Petty
grievances such as the Downing Street Minutes, the President's flagging
support and Karl Rove's treasonous outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame are
unimportant. A shadowy conglomeration! is out to kill us. Sound familiar?
It should – the same emotional ploy was used to great effect on Americans
in the wake of September 11th. Question nothing, particularly your cries
for vengeance or that nagging feeling in the back of your head. Justice
delayed is justice denied...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13528&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13528

Gonzales' Fatal Flaw
Latimes.com
...It's a sad statement of the times we live in that much of the opposition
to a Gonzales nomination is coming from social conservatives, for far
different reasons. They worry, on the basis of sketchy evidence, that the
attorney general may be insufficiently committed to their antiabortion and
anti-affirmative action crusades. But where are the liberal advocates and
Democratic senators who opposed Gonzales' nomination as attorney general?
Is a torture-supporting nominee to the cou! rt really an acceptable
lesser-of-evils these days?...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13549&s2=10>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13549

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.