Summer Intern Positions Available - UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE - USA

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545

United for Peace and Justice, the largest antiwar coalition in the U.S., seeks summer interns for organizing, outreach, research, and more. The main focus of UFPJ's work is on ending the Iraq war and bringing US troops home now. Our ongoing campaigns include efforts to counter military recruitment, to challenge the use of National Guards in the war, inform and educate the public, pressure Congress, and organize a massive antiwar protest this September. Interns will gain valuable experience while strengthening our coalition and making UFPJ's September mobilization as successful as possible.

Specific tasks will vary throughout the summer. Some administrative work will apply, but we generally encourage our interns to take on significant responsibility. The internship will include contacting our many member groups and/or organizing other volunteers to do the same. Interns may participate in recruiting new member groups, particularly in key underrepresented constituencies; they may also organize and/or participate in street outreach in New York City. Other tasks may inlcude designing leaflets, developing educational materials, and maintaining our database. Interns will work with our organizers on staff and potentially with members of our national Steering Committee.

Who should apply?

We are seeking articulate, politically aware individuals with good critical thinking skills and a demonstrable commitment to peace and justice. Prior organizing experience, multilingualism, and/or computer skills are preferred, but not required. Candidates should support UFPJ's campaign goals. People of color, women and lgbt people are strongly encouraged to apply, especially those with local organizing experience. Unfortunately, it is not financially viable for us to pay our summer interns.

How to apply:

Please submit a resume and cover letter to interns at unitedforpeace.org , with the subject line "Summer Internship Application from E-Mail". Be sure to include why you are interested specifically in UFPJ, and briefly describe any relevant experience. We encourage applicants to peruse the campaigns section of our web site (
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2495 ) before applying.

Please apply as soon as possible, as we are already considering candidates. The dates of the position are flexible.

We look forward to hearing from you!