Assembly Plans New Anti-War Drive

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
UFPJ ASSEMBLY PLANS NEW ANTI-WAR DRIVE
Support this crucial work to bring the troops home!
Donate today at http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate

This past weekend, United for Peace and Justice convened our 2nd National
Assembly. More than 500 people from groups in at least 36 states gathered
to develop our common program of work for the next 18 months, and elected a
new national steering committee.

It was an exciting, powerful weekend; a gathering that re-energized
everyone and gave new focus to our work to end the Iraq War and resist the
Bush Administration's agenda. We agreed to a range of strategically
targeted initiatives. Some highlights:

* a major grassroots education campaign to bring our message of peace and
justice to new allies and communities
* a campaign of state-by-state local organizing to oppose the deployment of
the National Guard to Iraq
* a major national anti-war protest in New York City on September 10, the
World Day of Mobilization Against War, coinciding with the Millennium+5
Summit at the United Nations

We'll soon be posting more details about these and other decisions from the
Assembly on our website. But we need your help right now to make this work
come to life.

Our work to end the war in Iraq and bring the troops home requires more
than a good program or plan, it also needs the resources to carry out that
program.

In other words, we need your financial support and we need it now. UFPJ
generously subsidized the Assembly and made it possible for many grassroots
groups to attend and participate. Now we need to re-build our funds to make
sure that a lack of money will not stop the work from moving ahead.

Please take a moment right now to make the most generous donation you can.
There are several ways you can give to UFPJ:

* By credit card online: http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate
* By credit card over the phone: 212-868-5545
* By check or money order: UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, NY NY
10108

Your donations are especially needed now as we continue building toward the
second anniversary of the Iraq War, when people around the world will take
to the streets to again raise a common call for an end to the U.S.
occupation. We already know of 100 protest activities being organized
around this country for the weekend of March 18-20th, and that number is
certain to grow in the coming weeks.

Help us organize the largest, loudest possible outcry against the war and
occupation -- and build the best, most effective possible campaigns to
bring our troops home now. Please donate to the work of United for Peace
and Justice today!