[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 16 Nov 2004]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë"Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

Dentro Fallujah: diario dal terrore
Dahr Jamail (trad. di C.Panzera, Associazione PeaceLink)
Piange mentre ci racconta la storia, la tunica che sta indossando non
riesce a nascondere il tremore del suo corpo e ondate di dolore la
invadono. ''Non posso togliermi dalla mente del suo feto fuoriuscito dal
suo corpo.'' Artica, la sorella di Muna Salim, era incinta di sette mesi
quando due missili sganciati dagli aerei di guerra statunitensi si sono
abbattute sulla loro casa a Fallujah lo scorso primo novembre...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7256&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7256

Rotten Arab régimes and Rulers, Learn from Jacques Chirac!
Abu Assur, Al-Moharer
...Rulers, watch how a foreign President has welcomed Yasser Arafat the
symbol and the conscience of the Palestinian Arab People and its cause
(...) And you Arab leaders, did you know Yasser Arafat? (...) And here is
Iraq again! The Iraq that you destroyed hoping to see this great country
turn like you in the US and Zionist orbit. Iraq has become the fishbone
sticking in your throat. Iraq is your nightmare. The fire of the Iraqi
resi! stance is on your doorway...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7246&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7246

Court martial confirms Britain given advance warning of Iraq invasion
Harvey Thompson, WSWS
A court martial into the killing of a British soldier, held on October 26,
heard how United States defence officials passed on plans for war against
Iraq to the British Army almost six months before the invasion. The
information emerged during the trial of Lance Corporal Ian Blaymire, who
was facing charges for the manslaughter of fellow soldier John Nightingale
while serving in Iraq...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7260&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7260

Fallujah in US hands as uprising sweeps Sunni regions of Iraq
James Cogan, WSWS
...The overwhelming majority of Fallujah's fighters—and the prisoners the
US has taken—are city residents. In the southern districts of Fallujah, US
troops have reported fighting well-trained and uniformed Iraqis, with
developed command and control structures (...) Fallujah's "crime" is that
its fighters, backed by the community, have been at the forefront of Iraqi
resistance to the US-led invasion and occupation of the country. The U! S
assault is Nazi-style collective punishment of the entire city, aimed at
terrorising the Iraqi population as a whole into submission before sham
elections are held in January to legitimise a US-vetted puppet government..

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7258&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7258

'This one's faking he's dead' 'He's dead now'
Fallujah: Video shows US soldier killing wounded insurgent in cold blood
Andrew Buncombe, The Independent
...The footage showed several Marines with a group of prisoners who were
either lying on the floor or propped against a wall of the bombed-out
building. One Marine can be heard declaring that one of the prisoners was
faking his injuries. "He's fucking faking he's dead. He faking he's fucking
dead," says the Marine. At that point a clatter of gunfire can be he! ard
as one of the Marines shoots the prisoner. Another voice can then be heard
saying: "He's dead now"...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7251&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7251

Who is the real enemy?
John Kaminski
...You've heard the stories, if you've chosen to listen. Here's today's
roundup: Gunmen in American helicopters shooting a family of five trying to
swim across a river while escaping the carnage in Fallujah. Or killing
doctors and nurses who were trying to help those wounded by indiscriminate
American bombing. Or that story of the American soldier "finishing off" an
injured Iraqi man. These are only the latest of thousands of heartless
atrocities wreaked on a ravaged country b! y an overwhelming military force
that can only be described as completely insane. Representing a country
that can only be described with the same phrase. The country in question is
yours. Can you deal with that?...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7248&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7248

Haunted Empire
Sheila Samples
...Bush's genocidal jihad against Islam goes beyond arrogance and
ignorance. It is evil, dirty, deceptive and slithery. It is satanic
warfare. Now that Bush has dumped the blame on the people, it will be
interesting to see if God and History --whom Bush has managed to tangle
into one forbidding, powerful entity -- will escape being held to account...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7247&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7247

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Monday, 15 November 2004
Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member editorial board The
Free Arab Voice.
...Al-Fallujah's doctors issued an appeal for assistance on Monday, noting
the extent of the criminal activity of the US forces that had no qualms
about blowing up hospitals and clinics with patients and doctors inside.
The doctors denounced US-appointed puppet "prime minister" Iyyad 'Allawi
and his so-called "health minister" 'Ala' ad-Din al-'Alwan (...) The !
doctors concluded their statement calling on all doctors to condemn these
barbaric acts and to take the initiative to save all the people of
al-Fallujah who can be saved. They also insisted on the need to expel those
who cooperate with the occupation, including the so-called "minister of
health," from the Iraqi Federation of Physicians...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7250&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7250

Cecchini USA massacrano i civili che scappano attraverso il fiume
KATARINA KRATOVAC, Associated Press Writer - Italy.indymedia
...I suoi colleghi dell'A.P. nell'ufficio di Baghdad, che non sentivano
Hussein da 48 ore, si sono preoccupati ancora di più. Hussein è fuggito
correndo di casa in casa, scansando il fuoco, ed è riuscito a raggiungere
il fiume. "Avevo deciso di passarlo a nuoto... ma ho cambiato idea quando
ho visto elicotteri USA che miravano e uccidevano la gente che tentava di
attraversare il fiume." ! E' stato testimone con orrore dello sterminio di
una famiglia di cinque persone uccise mentre guadavano il fiume per
fuggire. Poi, dice "ho aiutato a seppellire un uomo sulla riva del fiume,
scavando con le mie mani"...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7230&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7230

BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT
A TvNewsLIES.org reader's contribution.
... Kill all Iraqis that are old enough to carry a Kalashnikov, and
everyone who can still look into a scope or lift a rifle and aim at a
target. Kill all Iraqi children, for they will grow up hating Americans
anyway, Did you learn this from your bible study group? Hey, GWB, that's
Genocide. Killing the wounded and taking no prisoners is MURDER. Just
reminding you. You see these are crimes against Humanity. You see these are
impeachable crimes...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7243&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7243

The Right to Resist
John Paul Cupp, Al-Moharer
... What is the greatest of all human rights? It is none other than the
collective rights of a nation's people to self-determination, to
self-reliance and independence in all spheres of society, including
economic emancipation (...) Iraq and Palestine are the symbol and pride of
the Arab streets, glorious and defiant, her majestic Arab Intifadah! The
lands of Al-Aqsa and the lands of ancient Mesopotamia are today an
outstanding reminder of what is sacred and beautifu! l in the world...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7245&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7245

The American people owe the German people an apology
Xymphora
The German people have been justly criticized for their failing to do
anything to stop the Holocaust, with Jews disappearing off the streets of
Nazi Germany to be killed while the Germans pretended not to notice (...)
How does this differ from the remarkable lack of opposition in the United
States to the war crimes being committed by American troops in Falluja and
elsewhere? Actually, there is quite a bit of difference. Nazi Germany was a
police state,! and any opposition or even a hint of opposition would have
been met with instant dire consequences (...) Nazi Germany had a completely
controlled media, and any information embarrassing to Hitler's regime was
simply not published (...) Americans have no such excuse...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7244&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7244

Dogs Eating Bodies in the Streets of Fallujah by Dahr Jamail
** Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches **
...The horrendous humanitarian disaster of Fallujah drags on as the US
military continues to refuse the entry of an Iraqi Red Crescent (IRC)
convoy of relief supplies. The Red Crescent has appealed to the UN to
intervene, but no such luck, nor does the military relent. IP's, who are
under U.S. control, have looted Fallujah General Hospital. The military
stopped the Red Crescent at the gates of the city and are not all! owing
them in. They allowed some bodies to be buried, but others are being eaten
by dogs and cats in the streets, as reported by refugees just out of the
city, as well as residents still trapped there...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7242&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7242

Saddam Hussein, the Fighter, the Thinker and the Man
Part II. Chapter 9 . Saddam Hussein and the Comprehensive Nature of the
Democratic Question
Amir Iskander, Al-Moharer
...Is Saddam Hussein an absolute ruler, a lone dictator who tyrannizes and
represses? Is he a representative of "bourgeois" interests in his society,
trampling underfoot the interests of the poor and hardworking social
classes and sectors of society? What is his position towards the national
minorities, in particular the Kurds? How does he s! tand on the issue of
other parties, including the Iraqi Communist Party, practicing their
political activities within Iraq?...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7241&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7241

So What Are You Going to Do About It?
By DONNA J. VOLATILE, CounterPunch
...Meanwhile, Iraq is burning and where is the anti-war movement now? Where
are the millions of disillusioned Kerry supporters who were so opposed to
the war in Iraq? Where is your leadership? Why aren't you on the streets in
mass demonstrating against the evil being committed against innocent men,
women and children in Fallujah?!...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7237&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7237

Infiltrating the U.S. Military
Gen. Boykin's "Kingdom Warriors" On the Road to Abu Ghraib and Beyond
Katherine Yurica
...As one reads or recites the facts surrounding Abu Ghraib, one is tempted
to ask how the American military, with its code of ethics as reflected in
the high traditions of West Point and our Naval Academy—where men and women
are imbued in the tradition of honor— could have turned into such a
ruthless band of sadists? The answer is: They didn't. Someone else did it...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7239&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7239

The New Crusaders
Hanna Kildani, Al-Moharer
...The crimes of the invading forces in Iraq have dwarfed those crimes
committed by the Tartars when they invaded Iraq (...) President Bush
leashed his anger at Fallujah and at the Iraqi people as revenge for not
being welcomed as a liberator and as God's messenger to impose his version
of "democracy"(...) He claims that "terrorists" are responsible for the
destruction of Iraq and for the killing of the mass graves. We agree with
him that terrorists are responsible for ! all the mass killings, for the
destruction and mass graves in Iraq, those terrorists are wearing British
and US uniforms...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7240&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7240

A War Crime in Real Time
Obliterating Fallujah
FRANCIS A. BOYLE, CounterPunch
...In international legal terms, the Bush Jr. administration itself should
now be viewed as constituting an ongoing criminal conspiracy under
international criminal law in violation of the Nuremberg Charter, the
Nuremberg Judgment, and the Nuremberg Principles, due to its formulation
and undertaking of aggressive war policies that are legally akin to those
perpetrated by the Nazi regime. As a consequence, American citizens pos!
sess the basic right under international law and the United States domestic
law, including the U.S. Constitution, to engage in acts of non-violent
civil resistance in order to prevent, impede, thwart, or terminate ongoing
criminal activities perpetrated by U.S. government officials in their
conduct of foreign affairs policies and military operations purported to
relate to defense and counter-terrorism...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7236&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7236

Massacre in Fallujah: "where is the world? WHERE IS EVERYONE???"*
Beth Moore Henry, AxisofLogic.com
...What kind of nation are we? Are we a horrendous herd of feral swine
rampaging across the planet, leaving nothing behind us but raw sewage, raw
grief, and raw hatred? Are we a nation of sacrificial lambs being led to
certain slaughter by a small, insulated group of nihilistic ideologues? The
world needs to hear all of us to speak out with the answer to those
questions. We must shout "ENOUGH!", loudly, in unison! , in mourning and
grief and horror that this blood should be put on our hands, if only to
live with ourselves, and, really, if only to live at all...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7234&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7234

Sotto le macerie le leggi internazionali. Sullo scempio americano di
Fallujia parla il giurista Domenico Gallo
MARINELLA CORREGGIA, il manifesto
Falluja: cliniche colpite con medici e pazienti uccisi; il maggiore
ospedale occupato dalle forze Usa-irachene; ambulanze che diventano target;
case distrutte dalle bombe; feriti che è impossibile raggiungere; acqua e
luce tagliate da domenica; poco cibo; Mezza luna rossa e Croce rossa
internazionale a cui si impedisce di recarsi in città per portare viveri,
acqua, medic! inali; medici e infermieri di altre cliniche che chiedono di
poter entrare in città per sostituire i colleghi morti e feriti (una gara
di solidarietà che si è già vista in aprile a Falluja e in agosto a Najaf),
ma tutto è bloccato. Ebbene queste situazioni sono tutte violazioni «gravi»
delle 4 Convenzioni di Ginevra del 1949...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7226&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7226

Fallujah in Pictures
Pictures from Fallujah that probably won't be on your television.
I'm not going to say I have any great mission with this. I'm really angry
with my country and I don't know what else to do. When I look at these
pictures and think of someone's mother or father, someone's child...it
makes me sad. If I look at these pictures and imagine my family...it makes
me angry. We have created a generation of Iraqis that have every reason to
hate us...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=7228&s2=16>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=7228

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.
Se questo messaggio non si legge correttamente, scrivi a
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info per
ricevere la versione solo testo.