Organize Local Antiwar Actions on August 29!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
URGENT CALL TO ACTION:
ORGANIZE LOCAL ANTIWAR ACTIONS ON AUGUST 29!

Sunday, August 29, the eve of the Republican National Convention, is a
crucial date to stage peace and justice actions that can help shape public
opinion going into the November election. As Bush is coronated by his
corporate, military and fundamentalist cronies, we must upstage him with a
peace and justice message.

We need the largest and broadest possible turnout in New York City for our
protest, a legal and permitted march past the site of the Republican
Convention. The NYPD and the Republicans have already begun a fear campaign
designed to keep people away from this historic event, and we need everyone
who possibly can to join us in the streets of New York.

But if you cannot make it to New York City on August 29, we urge you to
organize local August 29 actions of any and all sorts. It will be very
powerful to have hundreds of local actions to amplify our demand to bring
the troops home now and reject the entire Bush Agenda.

Target the local Bush/Cheney campaign headquarters, the Republican Party
offices or whatever venue works best in your town. Hold marches,
demonstrations, vigils or teach ins. Fill the local airwaves with antiwar
messages. We already know of actions being planned in Chicago, IL; San Luis
Obispo, CA; Santa Fe, NM; and Detroit Lakes, MN– but how about we aim for
actions in every single state!

With the country and the people of the world watching, this is a once in a
lifetime opportunity to make our voices heard!

Post your event at http://www.unitedforpeace.org and email us at
info at unitedforpeace.org so the whole world will know of your participation.

In solidarity,
United for Peace and Justice

AUGUST 29, THE WORLD SAYS NO TO THE BUSH AGENDA!
Massive Protest at the Republican National Convention, New York City
* Assemble at 10:00AM, Seventh Avenue @ 14th Street
* March steps off at noon
Visit the RNC mobilizing section of our website for resources and to
endorse the August 29 demonstration:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/rnc
We need your financial support to make the August 29 protest a success:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate