NYC Again Denies Use of Central Park, But March Plans Are On!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
NYC AGAIN DENIES USE OF CENTRAL PARK,
BUT MARCH PLANS ARE ON!
Sunday, August 29 – Say No to the Bush Agenda!
Legal, permitted march past the site of the Republican Convention
**Gather 10:00am, Seventh Avenue @ 14th Street
**March at noon

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate

Dear friend of United for Peace and Justice:

The City of New York wasted no time in rejecting our new application to
rally on August 29 in three Central Park locations after our march against
the Bush Agenda. Just hours after we submitted our request, they faxed over
a denial, not even bothering to take our request seriously.

We are proceeding with our plans for a legal, permitted march against the
Bush agenda on Sunday, August 29. We will gather at 10:00am at Seventh
Avenue @ 14th Street, and our march will step off an noon, bringing a
massive crowd past Madison Square Garden, the site of the Republican
Convention.

We are exploring a wide range of options regarding the post-march rally and
will keep you updated with new developments. We believe, however, that
marching in large numbers is the best way to communicate our message,
calling for an end to the Bush agenda of war, greed, hate and lies.

Please spread the word to everyone you know:  The August 29 march is not to
be missed! If ever there was a time to stand up for peace and justice and
against the restriction of dissent, this is it. Bring your friends, your
neighbors, your children, your coworkers: At this legal and permitted
march, we will peacefully flood the streets of Manhattan with a cry for
change so loud it cannot be ignored.

Since we announced earlier this week that we will not hold our rally on the
remote, unsafe, and sun-baked West Side Highway, our office has been
swamped with calls and emails of support. Many of your have sent in
financial donations to support our work. Thank you!

If you haven’t already, please make the most generous contribution you can
today – it takes a massive amount of money to organize a protest on this
scale, and the fight for our right to protest has consumed many resources
that otherwise would have gone to organizing.

Every dollar you donate today is a statement of support for our right to
hold this crucial protest against the Bush Agenda. Please dig deep into
your pockets and make the most generous donation you can - we can't allow
Bush, Bloomberg, and the Republicans to stifle our cry for peace and
justice!

You can donate in several ways:
* Using a credit card online at http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate
* By calling in a credit card donation to 212-868-5545
* By mailing a check or money order to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square
Station, NY NY 10108

Thanks for your support – we’ll see you in the streets!

AUGUST 29, THE WORLD SAYS NO TO THE BUSH AGENDA!
Massive Protest at the Republican National Convention, New York City
* Assemble at 10:00AM, Seventh Avenue @ 14th Street
* March steps off at noon
Visit the RNC mobilizing section of our website for resources and to
endorse the August 29 demonstration:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/rnc
We need your financial support to make the August 29 protest a success:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate