Join Peace One Day at the Brixton Academy on 21.9.02!

Dear Friend

I am writing to give you advance notice of our event on 21st September in
London, Peace One Day - The Celebration.   The event is being advertised
in the press from today and tickets will sell fast, so I wanted to give
you a chance to buy a ticket before they sell out - we have kept the
ticket price to a minimum to cover costs.  It is only because of the
support of people like you that this day has become a reality.  We would
love you to come and celebrate this historic moment with us.  Please tell
your friends, family and colleagues about this event and encourage them to
join us at the Brixton Academy.

If you are based outside the UK, or are unable to attend the Brixton
Event, you can still participate by watching the live global webcast of
The Celebration.   You can link into the webcast by logging on to
www.peaceoneday.org on the night (at 7pm UK time).  If you would like to
make a donation to support the campaign, you can do so in the "donate"
section of our website.

 <<...>>
PEACE ONE DAY - THE CELEBRATION
BRIXTON ACADEMY, LONDON
Doors open at 7:00pm

An evening of Live Music, Multimedia and Speech
to mark the first ever day of global ceasefire and non-violence
on the UN International Day of Peace;

featuring live performances from:
1 Giant Leap / Nitin Sawhney
Rhianna / Starsailor
UNKLE (DJ set) / Zero 7

Other contributors include:
Peace One Day song by Dave Stewart & Jimmy Cliff (Video contribution)
UN Secretary-General, Kofi Annan (Video Address)
His Holiness The Dalai Lama (written statement)

Secretary General CARE International, Guy Tousignant
Damon Albarn (Video message)
Sean Pertwee; Jonny Lee Miller
Peace One Day Founder, Jeremy Gilley

with highlights of activities and initiatives taking place throughout the
world on the Day,
the first public reading of the World Peace Prayer and a short Peace One
Day film

Full line-up to be announced, watch press for details

Tickets £15 adv. from Brixton Academy Box Office: 0870 771 2000, CC
Hotline: 020 7287 0932
Stargreen: 020 7734 8932, Way Ahead: 020 7403 3331, Ticketmaster: 020 7344
4040
plus usual agents.  Tickets subject to booking fee.

Click here to buy on-line:
<http://www.gigsandtours.com/?link=peace+one+day&site=peace>

For further information and updates please see  www.peaceoneday.org

Thank you for your support.  I hope to see you on 21st and whatever you
do, I hope you commemorate the Day in some way.

In peace
Jeremy Gilley
Founder, Peace One Day

For further information please contact
Peace One Day
The Old Truman Brewery
Block D
91 Brick Lane
London  E1 6QL
Tel: 020 7456 9180
Fax: 020 7375 2007
Email: info at peaceoneday.org
Web: www.peaceoneday.org

-------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee only, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without
prior permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.

The contents of any attachments to this email may contain software viruses
which could damage your own computer system. Whilst every reasonable
precaution has been taken to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software
viruses. You should therefore carry out your own virus checks before
opening the attachment.