Email: coha at coha.org Website: www.coha.org

Council On Hemispheric Affairs

           Monitoring Political, Economic and Diplomatic Issues Affecting the Western Hemisphere

COHA Announcement, September 27, 2005

COHA Announces the Launch of its
Open Forum

  • The new COHA Open Forum offers our readers a venue to respond to COHA memoranda and commentaries, whether in praise or criticism.

While the Council on Hemispheric Affairs' website has long maintained a forum offering responses to particular critiques of our articles, it had, of late, fallen into desuetude.  The forum has now reopened, and we will endeavor to maintain a regular dialogue with our readers.  We invite you to visit the new Open Forum, and contribute your comments, communicating your points of view to a mailing list of over 12,000 Latin Americanists and those interested in U.S. - Canadian relations, including journalists, academics and policy makers.

Some highlights from the new Open Forum:

  • A discussion about Luis Alberto Moreno's merit to head the IDB.

  • Insights on the Brazilian corruption scandal.

  • A Panamanian perception of Evangelical missionaries.

  • A letter from the Embassy of Barbados regarding COHA's analysis of Barbados' stance on Haiti within CARICOM

Visit the Open Forum...

The Council on Hemispheric Affairs, founded in 1975, is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan, tax-exempt research and information organization. It has been described on the Senate floor as being "one of the nation's most respected bodies of scholars and policy makers." For more information, please see our web page at http://www.coha.org/ or contact our Washington offices by phone (202) 223-4975, fax (202) 223-4979, or email coha at coha.org.