calendario azioni di protesta contro OMG

    Update 4 GE Week of Action April 1- 10

From: Resistance is Fertile <info at resistanceisfertile.com>
    Subject:                [RiF] Update 4 GE Week of Action April 1- 10

    Dear Campaigners from all over the world !

    Here's the fourth update of RESISTANCE IS FERTILE
    ACTION WEEK AGAINST GENETIC ENGINEERING
    APRIL 1-10.

    This will be a week of protest, campaigning and positive action
    around the world.

    We need you to make it a success! Read on...

    any ideas or know people / organisations we should contact.

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

    CONTENTS OF THIS UPDATE:
    Where we are now...
    Press
    Action Roundup
    National / Regional Co-ordinators
    Flier Text
    Next update
    Contact Details of resistance is fertile

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

    WHERE WE ARE NOW...

    All much the same as last week. As always it is really important that
    many more people get involved and start to plan actions (and don't
    forget to tell us about them!) And that's where we need help.

    We the international co-ordination team (Etienne, Becky, Rhia and maxE)
    have our hands full with dealing with enquiries and helping groups with
    ideas and presswork etc. What we really need is for YOU to help with
networking - pass on this update and fliers / posters to groups and people
    who may be interested.

    So here's a list of things we would really appreciate help with:

    contacting people and getting them interested
    Translations
    posters / fliers
    putting together resources and info for the website
    dealing with the press in your region
    planning and doing actions!

    this week can only be as strong as the people doing it - and that's
    all of us!

    If you want any help at all, or can help us, whether ideas for
    actions or help with materials for leaflets, just talk to us. Our
    contact details are at the bottom.

    More info is going up on the website all the time. Flier text in
    various languages (see below) and the global press release text is
    available on there. If you can't access the WWW and want something,
    just contact us!

    Flier text is available in Dutch, French, Norwegian, Portugese,
    Russian, Spanish. These are old versions - if anyone can help
    updating them then please contact us. If your language isn't here,
    can you help with translation?

    And always remember: RESISTANCE IS FERTILE !

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

    PRESS

    Becky has a Global Press Release that was sent to International press
    agencies. This is available on the website or from us. Feel free to
    use it and modify it.

    If you want your action mentioned in future press releases then
    contact us.

    Similarly if you want your action press-released internationally then
    let press at resistanceisfertile.com know. (This won't replace your own
    press work, but can supplement it).

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

    ACTION ROUNDUP

    If you are planning or know of actions / events anywhere, please tell
    us about it, so we can spread the word and inspire each other!

    CANADA
    Action on April First, more details hopefully in the next update.

    FRANCE
    Things are truly jamming in Lyon with 10 - 15 organisations
    involved:

    *1st of April : Mutant vegetables hit the markets of Lyon with
    information on GE and week's programme. Also Carneval in the
    Medieval  part of Lyon, St Jean. Greenpeace Lyon stall at a
    supermarket with list of GE products /other info. At PRAIRIAL, an
    organic cooperative:  info stalls by local groups on GE, organic
    agriculture, maybe short play for kids.

    *2nd of April - 7th April :Info stalls in town centre all week, also
    organic / ethical consumption stall in a supermarket, organic food
    stall outside the Lyon University Refectory for ge-free universities.

    *8th of April: cultural centre : info stalls, debate, organic
    (vegetarian) food, music, Street theatre on GMOs

    Paris:
    * 6-8th of April OGM, brevetabilite et faim dans le monde, a conference
about GMO: patentability and its consequences (namely against the south)
    and GMO and solving hunger in the world : are the biotech lying? Why?
    http://www.ogmdangers.org, ecoropa at magic.fr

    NEW ZEALAND
    GE Free Bus Tour, Promote GE Free Art Exhibition, Publicise
    Lack of Labelling of GM Products in NZ, Public Information and
    Awareness Campaign - Educate School Children and General Public About
    Genetic Engineering, Act the Fool on April First, Butterfly wings and
    Roller Blades.

    NETHERLANDS
    - Public event to demonstrate presence of test fields in Holland.
    - Public organic picnic.

    RUSSIA
    Anti-GE seminars for students/rural people and anti-GE article in
    local newspapers publicising Monsanto testings of gm potato in the
    Bryansk region. (Testings were stopped three years ago, the gm potato
    seeds were distributed illegally.)

    SPAIN
    nothing definate yet, but something's being planned...

    UK
    - Funeral March for the End of the Human Race at the new Centre
    for Life in Newcastle.
    - Organic Picnic against farm trial in Hemel Hempstead.
    - Greenpeace camapigners who pulled up GE crops in summer will
    probably be in Court.

    USA
    UK campaigners are hoping to visit Monsanto's US headquarters to
    present them with a colourful display portraying people's resistance
    to GM crops, to show how truly global and diverse it is. They're
    looking for contributions to the display (text, photos, cartoons,
    newspaper clippings etc), so please mail it to RiF, c/o 55 Day
    Street, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA 02130, USA or email text to
    genetixsnowball at onet.co.uk.

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

    NATIONAL / REGIONAL CO-ORDINATORS

    so far there are co-ordinators for the following regions:

    AOTEAROA / NEW ZEALAND: Trudy L Burgess, GE Free  NZ,
    PO BOX 693 NELSON Ph 03 548 6606  Fax 03 546 5036
    email: GEFREENZ at RESISTANCEisFERTILE.com

    FRANCE: Etienne, 40 Rue de Malte, 75011 Paris
    Phone : 0143383817, FAX : 0143383788
    email :ecoropa at magic.fr
    LYON: email: action_ogm at yahoo.com

    SPAIN
    Fernando, ECOLOGISTAS EN ACCION - SECRETARIA
    C/ Marquis de Leganis, 12 - Bajo
    28004 Madrid
    Telifono: +34-91-5312739
    Fax: +34-91-5312611
    ecologistas.estatal at nodo50.org

    UK: GEN,        POBox 9656, London
    Tel: 02083749516 seeds at gn.apc.org

    US: Annie Oakley, Bioengineering Action Network
    P.O. Box 11703,  Eugene, Oregon 97440, (541) 302-5020
    ban at tao.ca

    If you want to help co-ordinate actions in your area, please contact
    us! As co-ordinator you will help groups contact each other, feedback
    information to us so we can put info on the internet and tell
    everyone else about what is happening in different countries. Dealing
    with the press in your country is also something that can be done.

    If all of this sounds frightening, don' t be put off! If you feel you
    can help in any of these things or even anything at all, then contact
    us!

    *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

    NEXT UPDATE DUE WEEKEND 11-12 March 2000

    If you are planning actions or have material or ideas which may
    help others involved in the week of action, let us know by Thursday
    so it can go in the update.

    UPDATE DUE EACH WEEKEND. DEADLINE EACH THURSDAY

    +*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
    CONTACT DETAILS

    We now have a website, email addresses, telephone and fax
    numbers, and a mail address. The best way of reaching us is by
    email.
    PLEASE CHECK FOR NATIONAL / REGIONAL CO-ORDINATORS
    ABOVE TOO

    http://www.RESISTANCEisFERTILE.com

    GENERAL INFO:
    info at RESISTANCEisFERTILE.com
    Tel +44 870 122 1403  (UK: 0870 122 1403)
    fax +44 870 137 4155  (UK: 0870 137 4155)

    PRESS ENQUIRIES:
    press at RESISTANCEisFERTILE.com

    MAIL ADDRESS:
    Resistance is Fertile,  c/o Brambles,