[Disarmo] Fwd: [disarmisti esigenti] Fwd: [ICAN] New state party: South Africa

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michele Di Paolantonio <mdipaolantonio55 at gmail.com>
Date: lun 25 feb 2019, 18:20
Subject: [disarmisti esigenti] Fwd: [ICAN] New state party: South Africa
To: Icanitalia <icanitalia at googlegroups.com>, disarmisti esigenti <disarmisti-esigenti at googlegroups.com>, Olivier Turquet <olivier.turquet at gmail.com>, Manlio Giacanelli <manlio.giacanelli at gmail.com>, Roberto Del Bianco <delbia at mailbox.org>, patrizia sterpetti <p.sterpetti at gmail.com>, Giovanna Pagani <gioxblu24 at gmail.com>

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Celine Nahory <celine at icanw.org>
Date: lun 25 feb 2019 alle ore 17:50
Subject: [ICAN] New state party: South Africa
To: <ican-campaigners at googlegroups.com>

Dear Campaigners,

South Africa just became the 22nd country to join the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons!

On February 25, the only country that went from developing its own nuclear arsenal to dismantling it and being an outspoken advocate against these weapons of mass destruction, just ratified the the TPNW. ICAN welcomes South Africa’s continued leadership on nuclear disarmament and hopes their action will inspire other African nations to adhere to the Treaty.

We have published a short article and video to celebrate South Africa's ratification: here.

Congratulations to our great campaigners!

Best regards,

Celine

image.png

--
Celine Nahory
International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)