NATIONAL DEMO SATURDAY: No Attack On Syria

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stop the War Coalition <office at stopwar.org.uk>
Date: Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Subject: NATIONAL DEMO SATURDAY: No Attack On Syria
To: stwc at lists.riseup.net

August 2013 | stopwar.org.uk

1) NATIONAL DEMO SATURDAY: No Attack On Syria
2) Together Against War: Donate to fund our campaign to stop intervention in Syria

No attack on Syria

National Demonstration: Saturday 31 August, 12 noon, Embankment, London

National Demonstration: Saturday 31 August, 12 noon, Embankment, London

Urgent - no attack on Syria

Britain France and the US are poised to attack Syria. Even ex-generals are warning that such an attack can have incalculable consequences. It risks terrible casualties, will intensify the desperate civil war and threatens to draw other regional powers in to the conflict.

As Stop the War's statement on Syria points out 'It seems that the Western governments have already made up their minds about this attack before it has even been reported on by UN weapons inspectors.' This underlines the fact that the intervention, far from being humanitarian, is part of a wider project of regime change.

While our politicians appear to have learnt nothing from the disasters of Afghanistan, Iraq most people in Britain oppose any attack. Only 9% support British troops getting involved and only 25% back missile strike.

Protests are taking place across the country today and tomorrow - please check here for details and phone us if you want to organise something in your area.

Make Saturday massive

Saturday's national demonstration is crucial. We need to be a real _expression_ of mass public opinion. Please do everything possible to attend and promote as widely as you can.

The demonstration is now assembling at Temple Tube at midday on Saturday and marching via parliament and Downing Street to Trafalgar Square for a rally. Transport has already been organised from various towns and cities, please contact the office for more information.

Demonstrate - No attack on Syria, this Saturday 31 August. 12 midday,  Temple tube, Victoria Embankment.

Donate now for emergency campaign.

Organising a national campaign costs a large amount of money.
We have to hire PAs, print thousands of leaflets and placards and fund travel around the country. Already people have been very generous but we urgently need to raise a minimum of £5,000 to have maximum impact

We are also asking all our supporters to join the Stop the War Coalition. Becoming a member allows you to participate fully in the Coalition and it increases our regular income, allowing us to employ more staff and maintain a well resourced office.

Take action:

We need the maximum level of protests to stop them plunging us in to yet another catastrophic war.

No attack on Syria
National Demonstration: Saturday 31 August, 12 noon, Embankment, London

The national demonstration on Saturday will gather at Embankment (near Embankment tube) and march via Parliament and Downing Street, ending in Central London for a political rally to say No attack on Syria.

Please do not hesitate to contact the office on 020 7561 4830 or email office at stopwar.org.uk

2) Together Against War: Donate to help fund our campaign to stop intervention in Syria

To campaign to stop an attack on Syria, Stop the War relies on donations from individuals across the UK. Please join or donate to Stop the War today to help us launch the best possible campaign against military intervention.

For over a decade Stop the War has mobilised millions against war. The movement has relied on the participation of those who marched, attended meetings and pressured the government to end their wars. Stop the War has maintained its ability to play a leading role in demanding an end to the War on Terror because of the mass membership and affiliation of the broad movement.

To increase our power to stop war we must stand together against war

Join Stop the War today to ensure a revitalised movement that is ready to stop new interventions in Syria, Iran and beyond.

Your membership of Stop the War will allow you to have your say about our work alongside a coalition of anti-war organizations, and your monthly or yearly membership fee will help us maintain and grow our vital campaigns work.

Monthly contributions by members of Stop the War have allowed us to
  • maintain an office to support the campaigns work of a network of local anti-war groups across the UK and respond to changing events by providing speakers for the media and public meetings
  • hold an an anti-war conference in February that brought together 1000 activists to assess the War on Terror 10 years after the invasion of Iraq and decide the future role of the movement in preventing new military interventions
  • launch a national campaign against UAVs, or drones, after it was announced that Britain's drones in Afghanistan are controlled at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire
  • produce a popular anti-war web site www.stopwar.org.uk with the best content from a wide range of journalists and anti-war activists.

You can join online or by telephone on 020 7561 4830

Allegato Rimosso
Allegato Rimosso
Allegato Rimosso
Allegato Rimosso