At the President of Afghanistan: stop the sex discrimination in Afhganistan

At the attention of
Mr. President of Islamic Republic of Afhganistan

and at the knowledge of:

United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA)
Peace Street, Kabul

ISAF (International Security Assistance Force)
Army Club, opposite Ministry of Civil Aviation, Kabul

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Malak Azghar Road, Kabul
Fax: +1-866-890-9988 and +1-801-459-2967

Ministry of Justice

Ministry of Interior

Afghanistan’s Parliament

Embassy of Afghanistan in the USA
2341 Wyoming Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008
Fax: 202-483-6488

Dear Mr. President Karzai,
I am an Italian pacifist and I'm very interested of the rebuilding process
in Afghanistan. My interest isn't in business neither of war or other
kind. My interest is on the peace, and the human rights in Afghanistan.
About this concern I wish to put your attention on the problem of women
discrimination in Afghanistan.
I give an example with the position of Malalai Joya, a member of Afghani
Parliament which comprises mostly warlords and fundamentalists who are
directly or indirectly involved in the gross violations of human rights in
Afghanistan. They currently dominate new parliament using their guns,
power, money and intimidation.
Besieged by human rights violators and dark-minded elements in the
parliament, Joya is an outspoken, popular and determined representative of
people; she is there to be the voice of her voiceless and oppressed people
and has always bravely revealed the truth and exposed the criminal nature
of the fundamentalists.

There are vicious efforts going on to silence this clamorous voice of our
people forever. In her own words: They will kill me but they will not kill
my voice, because it will be the voice of all Afghan women. You can cut
the flower, but you cannot stop the coming of spring.

In the past few weeks she has death threats via phone calls and in a
number of cases directly. Her life is in great danger - meanwhile the
Afghan government is not taking any steps to ensure her security.
I ask you to keep the steps to ensure her security and to stop the gender
discrimination in your State.
Thank you very much,
Ettore Lomaglio Silvestri
via Lecco 22